ACU Launches National Ad Campaign for a Conservative Congress
WASHINGTON, DC – American Conservative Union (ACU) Chairman Al Cardenas today announced a new national ad campaign to educate constituents on the strong conservative voting records of 17 members of Congress. The new sixty-second radio ads launched on the eve of the Conservative Political Action Conference and continue on air through mid next week. The buy totals several hundred thousand dollars and is the ACU’s first major paid advocacy effort of the 2012 campaign cycle.
“One of the American Conservative Union’s chief goals is ensuring constituents and voters across the nation know where their elected representatives stand on the issues most important to conservatives,” said ACU Chairman Al Cardenas. “The ACU is proud to launch our first national ad campaign of the 2012 cycle in 17 key districts, and will continue our education efforts in support of strong conservative values across the country.”
The new sixty-second radio ads are airing in support of the following Republicans in Congress:
- U.S. Representative Sandy Adams (FL-24)
- U.S. Representative Rep. Larry Buschon (IN-8)
- U.S. Representative Sean Duffy (WI-7)
- U.S. Representative Renee Ellmers (NC-2)
- U.S. Representative Blake Farenthold (TX-27)
- U.S. Representative Chuck Fleischmann (TN-3)
- U.S. Representative Stephen Fincher (TN-8)
- U.S. Representative Cory Gardner (CO-4)
- U.S. Representative Frank Guinta (NH-1)
- U.S. Representative Robert Hurt (VA-5)
- U.S. Representative Lynn Jenkins (KS-2)
- U.S. Representative Mike Kelly (PA-3)
- U.S. Representative Steven Palazzo (MS-4)
- U.S. Representative Mike Pompeo (KS-4)
- U.S. Representative Martha Roby (AL-2)
- U.S. Representative Bobby Schilling (IL-17)
- U.S. Representative Kevin Yoder (KS-3)
Produced by OnMessage Inc., the new ACU radio ad is titled “Brakes,” and includes the following script, featured in all 17 ads:
SFX: Car speeding out of control.
ANNCR: When Nancy Pelosi ran Congress….the federal government ran out of control.
Trillions in wasteful spending. Massive government programs. Radical environmental regulations.
Dangerous liberal policies….that made our economy worse.
SFX: Brakes skid
ANNCR: But now the American people are putting the brakes on the Obama agenda.
And Congresswoman Sandy Adams is at the front of the fight.
SFX: Music underneath
ANNCR: Sandy Adams is a national leader in the battle to repeal the Obama takeover of health care.
Sandy Adams is pushing for conservative budget reform to cut spending NOW.
And Sandy Adams is standing up to the Obama regulations that are strangling our economy.
Independent. Unafraid. Conservative. Congresswoman Sandy Adams.
ANNCR TWO: The American Conservative Union paid for and is responsible for the content of this advertising. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. We're America's oldest and largest conservative organization. Join us by logging on to conservative dot o-r-g.
Founded in 1964, the ACU represents the views of Americans who are concerned with economic growth through lower taxes and reduced government spending and the issues of liberty, personal responsibility, traditional values and national security. ACU first began rating members of Congress on key conservative voting issues in 1971, and since then their ratings system has become the most important conservative measuring stick in American politics.
For more information on the American Conservative Union, please visit our website at conservative.org.