October 3, 2012
DENVER, CO – The American Conservative Union (ACU) announced today the release of a national poll at the site of our third regional CPAC, in Denver, Colorado. The poll conducted by McLaughlin & Associates has a national sample of 1000 likely voters and an oversample of 300 likely Coloradan voters.
“These poll results taken prior to last night’s debate are very encouraging to the Romney campaign,” said ACU chairman Al Cardenas. “If you add the expected bump from last night’s debate performance, they seem to put Governor Mitt Romney in a clear frontrunner’s role in the critical swing state of Colorado.”
– The first question asks candidate of choice: In Colorado, Romney leads with 50%, while Obama earns 46%. Nationally, President Obama leads with a 50%, while Gov. Romney earns 46%.
– On the aftermath of the killing of the U.S. Ambassador to Libya. Nationally, 54% thought the administration failed in its handling, while 40% thought Obama took a firm stand. 55% of Coloradans responded that the administration’s handling failed, opposed to 38% who thought Obama took a firm stand.
– Another major finding in our poll was the perception of the mainstream media. Nationally, 43% of likely voters believe the mainstream media is biased in trying to help re-elect President Obama. 51% of likely voters of Coloradans believe the same.
– Regarding the direction of our country, 58% of national voters believe we are on the wrong track and among Colorado voters, 57% believe the same.
– And finally, 62% of voters support the reinstatement of the work requirement for food stamps opposed to 24% who believe it was right to suspend the requirement. Among Colorado voters, 59% believe the requirement should be reinstated opposed to 23% who support its suspension.
To see the full poll with questions, answers and analysis, please click here.
The American Conservative Union is America’s oldest and largest grassroots conservative organization and was founded in 1964. The ACU has hosted CPAC in the Nation’s Capital since 1973. To learn more about the American Conservative Union, please visit our new website conservative.org.
The organizers of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) have slammed Facebook’s investigation into allegations of political bias related to its Trending Topics section – saying there
The American Conservative Union has continued to hold the line on the issue of Facebook suppressing conservative content in their trending topics section. We believe
Washington, D.C. – The American Conservative Union (ACU) today announced its endorsement of Denise Gitsham, the leading conservative in California’s race for the 52nd Congressional District.
WASHINGTON DC – ACU has been vindicated. This issue is still unresolved even after these admissions of wrongdoing by Facebook. We will continue