October 3, 2012
DENVER, CO – The American Conservative Union (ACU) announced today the release of a national poll at the site of our third regional CPAC, in Denver, Colorado. The poll conducted by McLaughlin & Associates has a national sample of 1000 likely voters and an oversample of 300 likely Coloradan voters.
“These poll results taken prior to last night’s debate are very encouraging to the Romney campaign,” said ACU chairman Al Cardenas. “If you add the expected bump from last night’s debate performance, they seem to put Governor Mitt Romney in a clear frontrunner’s role in the critical swing state of Colorado.”
– The first question asks candidate of choice: In Colorado, Romney leads with 50%, while Obama earns 46%. Nationally, President Obama leads with a 50%, while Gov. Romney earns 46%.
– On the aftermath of the killing of the U.S. Ambassador to Libya. Nationally, 54% thought the administration failed in its handling, while 40% thought Obama took a firm stand. 55% of Coloradans responded that the administration’s handling failed, opposed to 38% who thought Obama took a firm stand.
– Another major finding in our poll was the perception of the mainstream media. Nationally, 43% of likely voters believe the mainstream media is biased in trying to help re-elect President Obama. 51% of likely voters of Coloradans believe the same.
– Regarding the direction of our country, 58% of national voters believe we are on the wrong track and among Colorado voters, 57% believe the same.
– And finally, 62% of voters support the reinstatement of the work requirement for food stamps opposed to 24% who believe it was right to suspend the requirement. Among Colorado voters, 59% believe the requirement should be reinstated opposed to 23% who support its suspension.
To see the full poll with questions, answers and analysis, please click here.
The American Conservative Union is America’s oldest and largest grassroots conservative organization and was founded in 1964. The ACU has hosted CPAC in the Nation’s Capital since 1973. To learn more about the American Conservative Union, please visit our new website conservative.org.
Originally published by CQ RollCall
By Katy O’Donnell, CQ Roll Call
Rep. Paul D. Ryan raised the roadblock to the Export-Import Bank’s reauthorization
Please take time to read the ACU’s letter supporting Sen. Blunt’s amendment #350 to the Senate Budget Resolution to prevent a federal carbon tax.
Originally published by The Washington Times
President Obama’s budget suffered its latest ignominious defeat when the Senate
Originally published on Townhall.com
In a video message released on Twitter this morning, former Majority Leader Harry Reid
The global impact of the conflict in Yemen is far greater than what you may think. KT McFarland expertly breaks down the conflict and America’s
Have you heard about the Vote-A-Rama that’s going on in the Senate tonight? Here’s a great explanation of what it is and how it works
How liberal are liberal universities? James O’Keefe and Project Veritas might have just answered that question. In this shocking video, an Assistant Dean at Cornell